Acupuncture is a method without serious side effects and therefore you must continue so that your body is regulated to your physical demands. It is advisable a minimum of 2 sessions per week to have good results. Your Acupuncturist will recommend the ideal frequency of treatment per week.
But the number of sessions will depend on the severity of the case and the characteristics of the patient such as age, etc. The changes will be noticed by the second or third week after the start of treatment.
The insertion of the needles can last for a second and the sensation will depend on the degree of sensitivity of the person. After several sessions our body will adapt and we will use the needles for a longer time. It is important to emphasize that the needles are completely disposable.
Before attending a session it is important to follow these recommendations:
- Do not eat before treatment.
- Take rest after the treatment.
- Do not consume alcohol, make efforts or practice any sexual activity for 6 hours before and after treatment.
- Ask your GP (general practitioner) to undergo an acupuncture treatment to alleviate your case, since not all people react in a different way. Also, report on the medications and treatments you are taking to the acupuncture specialist.
- Continue to take regular medicines prescribed by your doctor, but inform the acupuncture specialist of the types of pills you are taking. Do not abuse the use of psychoactive substances (alcohol, drugs) in the 7 days prior to treatment.
- If you are pregnant, or have breast implants, be sure to tell your doctor and the acupuncture specialist.
- Consider the expenses and coverage before starting treatment; ask the acupuncturist how many treatment sessions are necessary.
- Choose a licensed acupuncturist; your family doctor can advise you a certified one to perform the treatment.
We hope these Acupuncture tips for a healthy body will helps you gain lost body strength.