When most people think of a massage, they think of relaxation and stress relief. However, there are a number of massage therapy benefits that can be very helpful in dealing with everyday stress.
When you become stressed your body releases stress hormones. The hormones can cause heart rate, blood sugar levels, and blood pressure to rise. The long term effect of stress can be mental health disorders, menstrual problems, abnormal heart beats, obesity, acne and heart disease. In order to help prevent these health conditions , it is important to search a way to cope with stress.
1. Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
2. Ease medication dependence.
3. Reduce spasms and cramping.
4. Relieve migraine pain.
5. Increase joint flexibility.
6. Lessen depression and anxiety.
7. Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling.
8. Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
Having massages regularly can bring relief from these problems and can even prevent them from happening again or worsening. Massage therapy might sound like a great way to end a stressful week or a day, but the benefits can go much deeper. The fact that many sufferers of arthritis, migraines, or other chronic pain conditions have found relief is not as widely known.