Chiropractic care is rapidly moving to the forefront of medical treatment options. It is a non-invasive and drug free approach to get and stay healthy. It’s growing popularity with patients, and within the medical community, has now spread into your obstetrics field. Obstetricians are now seeing that chiropractic care has numerous proven benefits not only for the mom-to-be but for growing baby as well.
What are these “magical” chiropractic benefits that are considered to be experienced during pregnancy? First, you must learn what is happening to a woman’s body from the time she finds out she is pregnant completely up to and through delivery.
A woman’s body goes through many physical and hormonal changes from the very beginning of the actual pregnancy. The following bodily systems/glands/organs are enduring constant changes over the entire pregnancy: Pituitary, Thyroid & Parathyroid, Adrenal & Pancreas, Cardiovascular system, Respiratory system, Alimentary system, Urinary Area, Hematological, Metabolic, and the Musculoskeletal program. All of these multiple changes are difficult for anyone to endure, especially a pregnant woman who ever hormones are putting her with a super roller coaster ride she will never forget.
What are the benefits of receiving this type of treatment?
Here is a report on health benefits due to possessing chiropractic care during pregnancy:
1. Facilitates maintain a healthier pregnancy, reduces stress in mom and child during labor and delivery, and reduces the overall labor and delivery time.
2. It helps stop the need for a Cesarean Part (C-section) delivery. With this sort of delivery, the risk of difficulties for mom and baby usually are greatly increased.
3. It is the drug free alternative. The additional medicine a pregnant woman takes, the higher her chances usually are of damaging her baby and her own body.
4. It can help women with pre-eclampsia with hypertension and albuminaria (protein in the urine).
5. The idea relieves back, neck and joint and makes the spine, body and pelvis more flexible.
6. It helps reduce pain, numbness, and tingling
7. Helps control nausea symptoms.
8. It helps lessen the chances of having any form of back labor.
You will discover chiropractors that specialize in treating women that are pregnant. They have to take special training to perform this type of care. They have tables that are specifically designed for a pregnant woman’s body and they stay away from putting unnecessary pressure on the actual abdominal area. They also provide the female with exercises and stretches that will work in combination with the current treatment plan issued by her obstetrician and a chiropractic doctor.