Learn about massage therapy vs. physiotherapy from the professionals at Spinewise.
Physiotherapy is primarily concerned with the treatment of impairments, pain and disabilities and with the promotion of mobility, functional ability and quality of life.
- The therapy is done after comprehensive history gathering, complete physical examination, evaluation and diagnosis.
- Physical Therapists use an individual’s history and physical examination to arrive at a diagnosis and establish a management plan and, when necessary, incorporate the results of laboratory and imaging studies.
- Physical Therapy is a therapeutic medical health care profession requiring extensive theory and practical training. Care is delivered by these qualified medical personal.
Massage therapy is a generic, hands on technique commonly employed for fatigue, work life balance, Relaxation, Stress management and for a feel good factor.
- It is occasionally used for soft tissue restoring function, relieving pain, decreasing muscle tension and/or spasm to improve physical or athletic performance and promote healing.
- Massage therapy is a kind of touch therapy involving techniques for palpating soft tissues of the body.
- Almost all people who prefer massage therapy are usually people who do not have serious medical ailments and want to undergo the same as a stress buster or for feeling good.
Book an appointment with the Physiotherapist at Spinewise. Canada’s most trusted physiotherapy clinic network. Health specializes in physiotherapy, massage therapy, acupuncture, and chiropractic treatments.