Massage is a general term for pressing, rubbing and shape your skin, muscles and ligaments. Therapists use their hands and fingers for massage but also use their forearms, elbows and feet.
There are several different types of massage are as follows:
- Swedish massage. This is a form of massage that uses long strokes, kneading, circular movements, vibration and tapping to help relax and energize you.
- Deep-tissue massage. This type of massage uses slower, more forceful strokes to point the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue, generally to help with muscle damage from injuries.
- Sports massage. This massage is also same as Swedish massage but regulate toward people involved in sport activities to help prevent or treat injuries.
- Trigger point massage. This type of massage target on trigger points, or sensitive areas of tight muscle fibers that can form in your muscles after injuries.
Benefits of massage
The benefit is considered part of alternative medicine. It’s increasingly being offered along with standard treatment for a huge range of medical conditions.
Some studies have found massage helpful for:
- Stress relief
- Managing anxiety and depression
- Blood pressure control
- Sports-related injuries
- Cancer treatment
Beyond the benefits of Massage Therapy for specific diseases, some people enjoy massage because it involves caring, comfort and creating deep connections with their massage therapist.