All of us here at SpineWise hope everyone had an awesome summer!
Did you know that chiropractors can treat these 5 conditions?
1. Migraines and tension headaches
2. Stress and Anxiety
4. Weak immune Systems
Give us a call to book your appointment today 905-623-8388
St. Vincent de Paul Thanksgiving Food Drive
With Thanksgiving quickly approaching we wanted to let you all know that we are doing our annual food drive to help the community of Bowmanville thru St. Vincent de Paul.
You can bring in a donation to your next appointment and drop it in the box in our waiting room. The community of Bowmanville will definitely appreciate your donation!
Looking for a new fall recipe to try? Well have we got the perfect one for you!
Cider-Braised Chicken, Brussels Sprouts and Apples
- Makes: 4 servings
- Hands On 15 mins
- Total Time 55 mins
This fantastic one-pan dinner is ideal for a Sunday supper or casual fall get-together with friends; the sauce is delicious, so serve with bread or mashed potatoes to soak up every delicious bite.
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 3 1/2 pounds total)
- 2 medium tart red apples, cored and cut into wedges
- 1 12 – ounce bottle hard cider
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 ounces fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved if large (2 cups)
- In a very large skillet cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove from pan, reserving drippings in skillet. Add chicken, skin side down, and cook 10 minutes or until browned, turning once; remove from skillet. Add apples to the skillet and cook 4 minutes or until browned on both sides; remove from skillet. Drain and discard drippings from skillet.
- Add cider, thyme, mustard, and salt to skillet, scraping up any browned bits. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Return chicken to skillet. Cover and simmer 10 minutes. Add Brussels sprouts. Cover and cook 5 minutes. Add apples and cook, uncovered, 3 to 5 minutes more or until chicken is done (at least 175 degrees F).
- To serve, divide chicken thighs, Brussels sprouts, and apples among shallow bowls or plates. Spoon cider mixture over top. Sprinkle each serving with bacon.
(Cider-Braised Chicken, Brussels Sprouts and Apples)
Servings Per Recipe 4, sodium (mg) 840, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 1, cal. (kcal) 860, Folate (µg) 35, pro. (g) 52, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 1, Potassium (mg) 804, iron (mg) 3, Monounsaturated fat (g) 25, vit. A (IU) 614, carb. (g) 23, calcium (mg) 49, sat. fat (g) 17, chol. (mg) 295, sugar (g) 13, Niacin (mg) 12, fiber (g) 4, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Trans fatty acid (g) 0, Thiamin (mg) 0, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 12, vit. C (mg) 44, Fat, total (g) 59