Naturopathic medicine becomes very popular because everyone wants natural, safer and effective way to treat disease, cure ailments and restore health. It is not a new area of medicine. Eastern cultures have been using natural medicine for ages. Naturopathic medicine provides this through the use of diet, exercise, lifestyle changes, and natural therapies. Naturopathic medicine is based on the belief that the human body has its own innate healing abilities. Naturopathic practice is based on six principles which are used by naturopathic physicians in their consultation, examination, and treatment plans. Here is the list of this six principle-
- The Healing Power of Nature: Trust your body, it will heal itself is the first principle of naturopathic medicine.
- Identify and Treat the Causes: In this principle, first of all, they look beyond the symptoms to the underlying cause.
- First Do No Harm: The natural method used in this medicine do not harm the body. These are the least toxic therapies.
- Doctor as Teacher: In this principle, the doctor educates the patients and teach every step to achieving and maintaining health.
- Treat the Whole Person: view and examine the whole body as an integrated whole in all its physical and spiritual dimensions.
- Prevention: Focus on overall health, wellness and disease prevention.