Swimming is one of the best exercises to reduce back pain. Whether your pain is caused by a joint, soft tissue, spinal disc or bone injury, swimming can help you safely build muscular and cardiovascular health which promote healing.
Swimming means you’re going to feel like you’re carrying a lighter load. It’s just awesome feeling. When you’re in the water, you are taking the pressure off of your back because the water’s buoyancy works with you rather than gravity which can work against you and put more stress on your joints.
If your doctor agrees that swimming might be just the ticket to ease your back pain, make certain you don’t ever go swimming alone in the event you have a back pain. You can also take advise from Bowmanville chiroparctor regarding swimming or back pain.
Swimming can cause more back pain if not properly done. So, consider below mentioned important preventing tips.
1. Use proper form for front strokes, such as the crawl or breaststroke, while swimming; keep body level in the water and keep the head straight rather than lifted.
2. Wear goggles to reduce improper head movements when trying to keep water out of the eyes.
3. Roll the body to the side and keep the chin in when taking breaths during the crawl, rather than jerking the head backward, to reduce the amount of movement in the neck while swimming.
4. If preferable, swim with side or back strokes instead of front strokes.
5. Use flotation devices to maintain proper form when swimming