SUFFERING FROM JOINT PAINS? TRY LASER THERAPY!
Low intensity laser therapy speeds up the recovery process by delivering light energy (photons) to the cells. The cells use this energy to assist in the natural healing process. This process is also known as laser therapy orphotobiostimulation.It ispainless and has been in use for over 20 years with no known side effects.
With laser therapy, we treat you at the cellular level. Laser therapy increases circulation, lymphatic drainage and gives cells the energy they need to repair themselves. There are over 2,000 research papers on the effectiveness and therapeutic benefit of laser therapy.
Low intensity laser therapy has proven to be highly effective when treating a wide range of conditions, musculoskeletal injuries, degenerative diseases, arthritis, joint replacement rehabilitation, back pain, ankle injuries, knee injuries and/or knee pain, whiplash and certain dermatological conditions. We have found that many patients have obtained full recovery at the end of their treatment plan. Even patients that have tried numerous other treatments and surgery can benefit from laser therapy. Conditions treated with laser therapy include:
| Inflammatory|| Degenerative|
Beneficial Affects of Laser Therapy
- Production and release of beta-endorphins. These are morphine like substances naturally produced by cells that inhibit the sensation of pain. Most chronic pain patients report that they sleep better after their first treatment as a result of this effect.
- Cortisol production is increased (cortisol is the precursor of cortisone). This enables the body to combat stress associated with trauma or disease process.
- Increased circulation and lymphatic drainage.
- Chromophores are light absorbing photoacceptor molecules that play a key role in converting harvested light energy to chemical energy for use in cellular functions.
- Pain relief
- Reduced swelling and inflammation
- Mitochondria activity is stimulated resulting in an increase in cellular proliferation, regulation of the cellular redox state (much biological energy is stored and released by means of redox reactions), steroid synthesis, heme synthesis & apoptosis.
- Increased cell membrane permeability, resulting in an influx of charge-dependent Ca2+ ions that can lead to an increased rate of respiration resulting in the increase of ATP (Adenosine Triphosphate) production
- The increase in ATP (adenosine triphosphate) production leads to acceleration of glucose metabolism
- Angiogenesis is increased (the formation of new blood vessels)
- Regulates cell membrane potential, essential in Na, Cl and K ion transfer (electrolyte balance)
The BioFlex Professional Laser Therapy System
The BioFlex system utilizes three stages of treatment, red, near-infrared and a near-infrared laser probe. It is this combined effect of three different wavelengths of light that contributes to the system’s effectiveness. In addition, computer controlled dosimetry, patient management and conditions software monitors and regulates the output of the treatment heads to insure optimum treatment is delivered each time.
SpineWise uses the BioFlex Professional System exclusively in our clinic. The BioFlex system has been used for the past fifteen years by professional sports athletes and people of all ages. Thousands of people have been treated with the BioFlex System. With the BioFlex system we now achieve results that we did not think were possible…and many of our patients, who are now living pain free, would agree!