Massage therapy is the scientific treatment for manipulation of the body’s soft tissues by using manual hands-on techniques. This therapy includes applying fixed or movable pressure, holding, and moving muscles and body tissues and is given usually depends on your needs and physical condition.
Generally, massage is delivered to improve the flow of blood and lymph (fluid in lymph glands, part of immune system) To:
Reduce muscular tension or flaccidity
Affect the nervous system through stimulation or sedation
Enhance tissue healing.
Massage therapy delivers benefits such as the following:
- relieving muscle spasms
- reducing muscle tension and stiffness
- increasing ease and efficiency of movement
- increasing joint and limb flexibility and range of motion
- promoting deeper and easier breathing
- improving blood circulation and movement of lymph
- relieving points of tension and overall stress; inducing relaxation
- relieving tension-related headaches and eyestrain
- reducing pain and swelling related to injuries
- reducing the formation of scar tissue following soft tissue injuries
- promoting faster healing of soft tissue injuries, such as pulled muscles and sprained ligaments
- enhancing health and nourishment of skin
- improving posture by changing tension patterns that affect posture
- reducing emotional or physical stress and reducing anxiety
- promoting feelings of well-being
- increasing awareness of the mind-body connection and improving mental awareness and alertness generally
Dr.Amit Sharda says that Massage Therapy should only be performed by a Registered Massage Therapist (RMT). He is a one of the best RMT and provides services in Bowmanville ON.