Naturopathic medicine is a unique and comprehensive method for treating illness and improving health. It improves the health of an individual by applying natural remedies. It includes diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease using natural therapies.
Instead of simply eliminating or suppress symptoms, the primary goal of Naturopathic treatment is to address the cause of illness. The patient is seen as a whole person and the ND takes physical, mental, emotional, genetic, social and environmental factors into account when diagnosing and developing a treatment plan.
Diseases that are commonly treated with Naturopathic Medicine include:
- Heart burn, constipation and inflammatory bowel diseases
- High blood pressure, atherosclerosis and heart disease
- Acne, psoriasis and eczema
- Insomnia, depression and anxiety
- Menopausal problems
- Prostatitis and cystitis
- Infertility, fibroids and endometriosis
- PMS and menstrual disorders
- Attention deficit disorder
- Chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia
- Thyroid conditions
- Low energy
- Weight management
- Muscle, joint and bone problems
What does Naturopathic Medicine consist??
Initially, the naturopath Doctors ask some question to the patient about his/her medical history, condition, diet, lifestyle, etc. After all the information about patient gathered, a treatment plan is prepared for the patient. This plan addresses all the areas of person’s life, providing the body with the optimum chance to heal itself. This treatment also includes advice on diet, exercise, herbal medicine, lifestyle and other suitable remedies.