Naturopathic medicine is a medical movement and profession that have recently moved to the forefront of health-care innovation in all over the world. Focusing on prevention and using natural substances and treatments, naturopath doctors in Bowmanville support and stimulate the body’s ability to healing it. The naturopathic approach is comprehensive, integrating scientific knowledge with several well-established alternative therapeutic systems (modalities), including:
• Time Waver technology
• Lifestyle counseling
• Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)
• Manual therapies (i.e. massage, physiotherapy, chiropractic, etc.)
• Herbal medicine
• Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
• medicine and acupuncture
These naturopathic modalities can be divided into two categories:
1. Modalities that talk the causes of disease: our interaction with the physical environment (what we eat, drink, and breathe), as well as the physical structure of our body. These are best addressed through holistic nutrition, herbal medicine, and Chinese medicine.
2. Modalities that talk the underlying mental, emotional, spiritual, and constitutional causes of physical or psychological symptoms: these reflect the internal imbalance that persists even in an optimal environment and ideal lifestyle. These are best addressed through energy medicine, Chinese medicine, and psychotherapy.
Naturopathic doctors complete a minimum of seven years post-secondary education. This training includes the study of medical skills comparable to that of medical doctors, in addition to exposure to many alternative treatment modalities.