Naturopathic Doctor in Bowmanville
Naturopathic medicine is not just for those who want live a healthier lifestyle.
- Naturopathic medicine uses a combination of scientific research and more natural ways to address common and uncommon problems.
- While treating your symptoms, we are also looking into the cause, in hopes of resolving the origin of the issue. Asking ‘why’ is just as important as asking ‘what’.
- Naturopathic medicine offers individualized treatments that address your specific needs and work with your current medications and lifestyle.
Naturopathic Doctors are trained to:
- Ask questions to understand your symptoms and medical history
- Perform physical exams
- Order and interpret lab tests
- Diagnose and treat symptoms while addressing underlying causes
- Prevent future disease and treatment
Our Naturopathic Doctor focuses on 4 main areas in the body:
- Bloating, heartburn, constipation, diarrhea
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn’s disease, colitis)
- Urinary tract infections, interstitial cystitis
- PMS, menstrual concerns
- Weight concerns
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Diabetes/insulin resistance
Mood and Energy
- Anxiety, Stress
- Difficulty sleeping/Insomnia
Skin (acne, eczema, psoriasis)
Immune function (less frequent colds/flus, ear infections etc.
Naturopathic Cancer Care
Naturopathic Cancer Care supports you and your body before, during and after conventional cancer treatments including surgery, chemotherapy and radiation. Using evidence based-medicine, our doctor will create a safe, individualized treatment plan based on your cancer, stage and current treatments. Benefits of Naturopathic Cancer Care include:
- Reducing side effects of conventional treatments (fatigue, nausea/vomiting, constipation/diarrhea,
- Improving energy and maintaining white blood cells in order to continue with your treatments
- Increasing the effectiveness of chemotherapy or radiation by sensitizing cancer cells to these
- Offering a supportive environment where there is time to ask questions about conventional treatments, outcomes and how your diagnosis is impacting you
- Discussing and implementing treatments to prevent cancer recurrence in the future
- Initial visits can be up to 75 minutes in length, where the naturopathic doctor will take a full history, perform physical exams and discuss the current treatment plan set out by your oncologist
- Follow-up visits are 60 minutes where we will discuss progress and any changes to your treatments
• Please bring copies of reports, recent lab work, scans etc. to your initial and follow-up visits