Physiotherapy is healthcare that uses physical approaches like stretching, and strengthening, education and modalities to promote, restore and maintain overall health well being.Physiotherapy Bowmanville helps in reducing joint pain.
What Can a Physiotherapist Do For You?
- Reduce your pain
- Restore and increase range of motion
- Increase muscle strength
- Educate you on physical health
- Reduce risk for injury recurrence
- Use anti-inflammatory electrophysical agents ex. Ultrasound
Pelvic Health Physiotherapy:
Pelvic Health Physiotherapy is the process or treatment of various conditions and problems related to pelvic floor muscles and surrounding pelvic girdle area. The pelvic floor is a collection of muscles that attach from our tailbone to our pubic bone and sits bones. They help in providing support for our internal organs such as bladder, and rectum.
A pelvic health physiotherapist has been trained to do an internal and external assessment of the pelvic floor muscles to perform this type of treatment.
Pelvic health physiotherapy helps you to regain control of your body, maximize your health, and improve your overall well-being by directly addressing issues of pelvic floor dysfunction through manual therapy and exercise. Pelvic floor physiotherapy treatment involves an rectal examination.
Who should see a pelvic health physiotherapist?
We can see women and men who have any of the following conditions:
- Incontinence, urgency or frequency of the bowel and/or bladder
- Pre- and post-partum pelvic pain
- Organ prolapse
- Sexual pain and dysfunction
- Persistent pelvic pain
- Diastasis recti
- Back pain that has not responded to previous treatments
- Overactive bladder
- Many other pelvic conditions