Arm pain refers to any types of pain or discomfort in one’s arm, hand and shoulder; basically from the finger all the way to the shoulder. Your arms is made of muscles, bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, skins, nervous system, blood vessels, blood etc, any of which can be injured, infected or receive trauma to get arm pain.
Arm pain may have different experiences, from
- Duration (Brief Moment, Versus Intermittent Pain, Versus Constant Pain)
- Location (Very Specific Location, Over A Broad Area, Global Area)
- Ability To Travel Or Radiate To Other Locations
- Types Of Pain Includes Aching Pain, Stabbing Pain, Tingling Pain, Electrical Pain,
- Cramping Pain, Throbbing Pain, Stabbing Pain, Burning Pain Etc.
There can be many reasons that causes arm pain, which includes trauma; direct hits and blows; internal problems such as muscle tears, nerve degeneration and cancer; even repetitive strain injuries. Sometimes, arm pain can be referred or radiate from other parts of the body such as one’s back and neck. If you are suffering from arm pain then you can find best Physiotherapy in Bowmanville at http://www.spinewise.ca/physiotherapy/.
An example is a trigger point in the neck may cause radiating numbness down the hand and shoulder, or slipped disc that rests on the nerve of the spine that causes radiating pain or even numbness down one’s shoulder and hand.