The discomfort in the joints and muscles of the jaw may be momentary to some people; others may have unceasing warning signs.
Indications of TMJ – Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Disorder:
• pain branching out in the neck, face and shoulders
• restricted motion in the jaw or pressing in the jaw points
• arduous jarring or clicking when closing and opening the mouth
• earaches, lightheadedness, headaches, ingestion difficulties and hearing problems
• changes in the fitting of the upper and lower teeth
Classification of TMJ disorder
• Myofascial tenderness is the inflammation of the muscles of the jaw, neck and shoulders
• Dislodged jaw or dislocated disc
• Debilitating joint syndrome such as osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis.
Causes of TMD
• Emotional pressure or tension can effort some people to tighten their teeth when undergoing emotional stress.
• Physical strain can also cause temporomandibular joint disorder. Temporomandibular disorder (TMD) is more frequent with women than men are. This is attributed to factors such as sitting for long hours, wearing of high heels that affect their posture.
• Other serious damages like being punched or hit in the jaw, habitual chewing on just one side of the mouth and too much gum chewing can also cause TMJ disorder.
Spinewise can help you in TMJ disorder treatment. Get treated now!