What is Chiropractic Laser therapy?
In this blog, Dr Amit Sharda of SpineWise explains to us about laser therapy. He is an expert chiropractor who performs laser therapy and treatments. At SpineWise, our professionals take into account all your medical history. This assists our experts to advise you with the best possible treatment that you need.
Low Level Laser therapy, also called Cold Laser Therapy, is a kind of pain relief and healing treatment. Generally, most chiropractors perform this treatment on the patients according to their needs. This treatment initiates the healing process, making it quicker. It can also relieve you from acute and chronic conditions of pain. It increases functionality, reduces spasms and swelling.
This therapy is also known as cold therapy. This is because the modern day lasers do not heat up your skin. As a result, it makes the treatment very comforting and gentle. This process is FDA approved and enhances the natural healing process of your body. Dr Amit Sharda recommends this innovative and modern treatment to his patients. At SpineWise, you receive the best care according to your needs.
How does it work?
You may have heard that surgical lasers heat up your skin and the tissues of your body. However, unlike that, the cold laser therapy that chiropractic experts use come with almost no side effects. They are safe and an effective way of treatment. The experts place this laser device directly on the injured area for a short time. Then, low level light is passed through the area. The skin has 3 layers. These are – the dermis, the epidermis and subcutaneous tissue. The light of the laser penetrates through these skin layers.
After penetration, this light reacts with the elements in the cell that are sensitive to light. As a result, the injury starts to heal. The healing time also reduces. It also reduces pain and inflammation. It increases intracellular metabolism.
What does it treat?
Laser therapy can treat quite a few conditions. Dr Amit Sharda of SpineWise has listed some of them below. Let us dig deeper into the matter!
- Heals wounds faster
- Reduces pain
- Treats inflammation
- Reduces the formation of fibrous tissue or scar tissue
- Treats arthritis
- Reduces back pain, neck pain and knee pain
- Treats Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Can treat injuries after severe accidents, for example a car accident
- Can increase metabolic activities
The list of benefits of cold laser therapy:
The expert chiropractors of SpineWise have listed the benefits of this treatment. Read on to find out.
- The cold laser therapy is a good alternative for athletes and sportspersons. This is due to the fact that it treats sprains and many injuries that are related to sports.
- This therapy allows blood flow in the areas that have poor circulation, according to Dr Amit Sharda.
- It is a good way to manage the pain of arthritis and osteoarthritis. This has provided relief to many patients at SpineWise.
- It increases the energy level of cells and enhances its repair process. It also aids in cell growth.
- This works well on open wounds to quicken the natural healing process.
- It relaxes the muscles and provides stimulation to the immune system.
- It enhances the flexibility of joints.
- This is a non-invasive process and does not have side effects. It does not involve the use of harmful medications.
If you want laser therapy, contact Dr Amit Sharda and SpineWise now!