Naturopathic medicine is based on the belief that the human body has an innate healing ability. Naturopathic doctors seek to enhance the body’s ability to ward off and combat disease by crafting comprehensive treatment plans that blend the best of modern medical science and traditional natural medicine to treat disease and restore health.
Naturopathic treatment is individually based – every individual is treated uniquely. A person’s illness, medical history, habits, lifestyle and emotional state of mind is taken into account before a treatment plan is devised.
WHAT CAN IT TREAT?
- Cardiovascular problems
- Fertility Problems
- MOOD DISORDERS
- Hormonal Imbalances
- Digestive Complaints
- High Blood Pressure
“Naturopathy puts the medical pieces together in order to heal the whole person, not just the disease.”
PRINCIPLES of Naturopathy Medicine
- ASSESS RISKS, MAKE APPROPRIATE INTERVENTIONS TO PREVENT ILLNESS
- TREAT THE WHOLE PERSON; CONSIDER ALL FACTORS IN TAILORING TREATMENTS
- EDUCATE PATIENTS & ENCOURAGE TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR HEALTH
- FOCUS ON CAUSES OF DISEASE OR CONDITION RATHER THAN ITS SYMPTOMS
- SEEK TO IDENTIFY & REMOVE OBSTACLES TO THE BODY’S NATURAL PROCESSES
- MINIMIZE HARMFUL SIDE EFFECTS & AVOID SUPPRESSION OF SYMPTOMS
Naturopathy uses natural treatments to help the body heal itself. Spinewise Clinic explains everything you need to know about this nontraditional medical system.